11 dec. 2009

Flat tire and inspiration in Christiania

This morning I woke up and felt that this must be a day of less sounds and people than it have been the last sex days in Copenhagen. I needed fresh air and some other input than men i suits and thousands of alarming sounds at the same time. So I brought my blue, heavy bike that I borrowed at the Bella Center and biked of for sightseeing Cristiania, the alternative living capital of Denmark.

And I was soooo happy rolling around this happy houses with the sun in my face (at least for ten minutes) and not many other people around. It stoke me that persons living here probably already got a long way with decreasing their ecological foothprint cause they are charing alot of facilities that many of us think is personal rights to have all by your self. But what is actually important in our lifes? For a lot of people it's stuffs and I'm fearing that this Christmas will be another championship of shopping. Along the small central stroll of Christiania there was an "feeling first aid", can you imaging that? So if I feel lonely maybe I can go in there just to get a hug or talk for a while. Great!

I didn't try, althought I'm sure it would have been nice, because I ended up having I more emergent material problem. When I was looking at all this crazy houses I unfortunately cycled right though glas. Lucky for me is that Christiania is both making bikes, using them alot and repairing them. Great for me because it would have been along way walking back to Bella center! So I just left my bike, jumped on the metro and now I'm working in the YMCA booth. No problem! Four o'clock I can get my blue bike again...in Christiania thought. But that is actually not a problem because we can use all public transport and bikes for free during COP15 , perfect service for a climate meeting at this scale.

With alot of love from a inspired Helena

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar